Head, Logistics & Warehousing
HealthPlus Limited is Nigeria’s 1st Integrative Pharmacy, the fastest growing pharmacy chain in West Africa. Since 1999, we have been committed to our mission of helping people achieve optimum health and vitality while delivering superior value to stakeholders. In 2010, a sister company was birthed – CasaBella International Limited. CasaBella Beauty is a one-stop store for beauty and grooming solutions for men and women
Our success is based on our great people, great values and a winning corporate culture. Our people are passionate, driven and committed to continuous learning in order to maintain our edge. Our testimonial is that we are proud to be members of the HealthPlus family as we are offered a strong platform to explore our potentials. We believe in best practices always and therefore employ and retain the best talents.
As we expand our frontiers to redefine the world of health & beauty in Nigeria, we are looking for amazing and smart people who will roll up their sleeves and share our passion & success. People who will join our team of highly motivated professionals who get the job done!
No matter what your job title is, the work you do at HealthPlus supports the health and well- being of the millions of men, women and children who turn to us for care. That is because of all of us – from our talented business professionals at the head office and our experts in our retail locations who serve our communities – are committed to providing the best possible service experience. With locations across Nigeria, we offer the opportunity to build a rewarding career in an environment that supports your success. Join us and put your beliefs into practice.
As our Head of Logistics & Warehousing Division, you will ultimately be responsible for the planning, monitoring and control of an efficient logistics & warehousing function across the group, which synchronizes supply with demand and maximizes net value for the company. Your team will organise the storage and transport of products purchased by the Company for resale; ensuring the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at the right cost. This role would be involved in inventory control, warehousing and monitor the flow of products.
Key elements of the role
- Report to the Chief Executive Officer
- Develop and direct strategies for the Logistics & Warehousing Division and ensure these strategies are aligned with the overall goals of the organization
- Drive business efficiencies through standardisation of systems across the group
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Develop and implement an inventory optimisation plan, a warehouse optimisation plan and logistics plan for the group
- Prepare annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and monthly reports for supply chain services for the group
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Monitor procedures set forth in the Unit to ensure integrity and accuracy of inventory and that available human resources are utilized productively
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements Comply with laws, regulations and OHS&E requirements
- Determine staffing needs for optimum Unit operations; allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs
- Supervise, coach and train the inventory team
- Implement and driving a culture of continuous improvement within supply chain management
- Establish and maintain networks that foster and promote excellent relationships
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics & Warehousing Management or a related field with 15 years minimum experience in a structured organisation, 10 years of which must be in a managerial capacity
- Membership Certificate of the Chartered Institute of Supply Chain Management or Chartered Institute of Warehousing and Materials Management will be an added advantage.
- Experience in the retail industry, specifically retail pharmacy, is a critical advantage
- Strategic business/commercial operational knowledge and understanding
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills, both internally and with external partners/accounts
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills with a deep understanding of demand analysis
- Ability to lead and develop a team to success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office skills like Word, Outlook, and
If this sounds like you and you are interested in applying please send a one page summary of your most significant achievements for the last 5 years alongside your application letter, a detailed CV and relevant copies of credentials to: email@example.com, Or to The Human Resources department, HealthPlus Pharmacy Limited, 11b Victoria Arobieke Street, off Admiralty way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria.