HEAD, PURCHASING & CATEGORY MANAGEMENT
HealthPlus Limited is Nigeria’s 1st Integrative Pharmacy, the fastest growing pharmacy chain in West Africa. Since 1999, we have been committed to our mission of helping people achieve optimum health & vitality. In 2010, a sister company was birthed – CasaBella International Limited. CasaBella Beauty is a one-stop store for beauty and grooming solutions for men and women
Our success is based on our great people, great values and a winning corporate culture. Our people are passionate, driven and committed to continuous learning in order to maintain our edge. Our testimonial is that we are proud to be members of the HealthPlus family as we are offered a strong platform to explore our potentials. We believe in best practices always and therefore employ and retain the best talents.
As we expand our frontiers to redefine the world of health & beauty in Nigeria, we are looking for amazing and smart people who will roll up their sleeves and share our passion & success. People who will join our team of highly motivated professionals who get the job done!
No matter what your job title is, the work you do at HealthPlus supports the health and well- being of the millions of men, women and children who turn to us for care. That is because of all of us – from our talented business professionals at the head office and our experts in our retail locations who serve our communities – are committed to providing the best possible service experience. With locations across Nigeria, we offer the opportunity to build a rewarding career in an environment that supports your success. Join us and put your beliefs into practice.
As our Head of Purchasing & Category Management, you will ultimately be responsible for leading the team responsible for procuring all the products and services essential for the Company’s operations, by strategizing to find the most cost-effective suppliers and deals in order to minimize procurement expenses, enabling the Company maintain its profitability and invest in its growth and its people.
Key elements of the role
- Report to the Chief Executive Officer
- Drive the implementation of the Organisational Strategy covering procurement processes; develop systems of control, policies and procedures to drive compliance with set Company Procurement SOPs
- Develop and update the Company’s Procurement policy and reviewing commodity strategy with the Management Team
- Manage purchasing information and systems, track and report key functional metrics of the Unit to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Identify and manage risk within the Supply Chain
- Address various tactical and strategic procurement issues
- Monitor and analyze current trends in the marketplace, keeping informed of advances in purchase technology and approaches and apply within the Organization to improve the performance of the Supply Chain
- Manage the Procurement Budget process; ensuring effective cost control and a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Oversee the management of the strategic sourcing, procurement, contracting and evaluation of services of the Company’s inventory suppliers
- Identify suppliers by comparing prices, specifications, payment terms and service delivery to determine the most profitable vendors and appropriate vendor selection to secure the most advantageous terms on behalf of the Company
- Negotiate & set-up supply contracts and determine supplier SLAs
- Source and negotiate with potential local & international suppliers, develop and establish a Supplier Database; manage and develop the existing and potential supplier pool and update the Approved Vendor List
- Coordinate the procurement planning process including supply/demand forecasting, inventory management and on-time delivery
- Supply branches in order to optimize inventory at the retail outlets
- Perform demand planning in order to optimize inventory at the Distribution Center by liaising with related internal and external customers as well as key suppliers of allotted business areas
- Oversee the preparation of Purchase Orders and requisitions
- Prepare, maintain and review purchasing records, produce management reports, track status of requisitions, contracts and orders, approve supplier/vendor bills for payment
- Respond to internal and external supplier enquiries while reviewing requisition orders to verify accuracy, specifications and terminology
- Coordinate shipment of products from overseas and local suppliers
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management or a related field with 15 years minimum experience in a structured organisation, 10 years of which must be in a managerial capacity
- Membership Certificate of the Chartered Institute of Supply Chain Management or Chartered Institute of Warehousing and Materials Management will be an added advantage.
- Experience in the retail industry, specifically retail pharmacy, is a critical advantage
- Strategic business/commercial operational knowledge and understanding
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills, both internally and with external partners/accounts
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills with a deep understanding of demand analysis
- Ability to lead and develop a team to success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office skills like Word, Outlook, and
If this sounds like you and you are interested in applying please send a one page summary of your most significant achievements for the last 5 years alongside your application letter, a detailed CV and relevant copies of credentials to: email@example.com, Or to The Human Resources department, HealthPlus Pharmacy Limited, 11b Victoria Arobieke Street, off Admiralty way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria.