Ever seen one of these abbreviations and wondered what it meant?
Whether you’re in the stock market, day trading Forex, or new to cryptocurrency, you’ll hear a lot of trading terms that may sound unfamiliar. FOMO, ROI, ATH, HODL, what do these all mean? Trading and investment have their own language, and it can be daunting to learn all these new terms. However, they can be quite useful if you want to keep up with what’s going on in the financial markets.
In this article, we’ve compiled some of the most important trading terms you should know if you’re trading cryptocurrency.
• Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (FUD): Spreading of fear and misinformation to gain an advantage.
• Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO): The emotion you feel when you panic buy.
• HODL: Buy and hold on to it for a long time!
• BUIDL: Keep your head down and build the next financial system.
• SAFU: Funds are safe!
• Return on Investment (ROI): How much money you are making (or losing).
• All-Time High (ATH): The highest price ever recorded!
All-Time Low (ATL): The lowest price ever recorded.
• Do Your Own Research (DYOR): Don’t trust, verify.
• Due Diligence (DD): Smart people make decisions based on facts.
• Anti Money Laundering (AML): Regulations that prevent criminals from hiding their money.
• Know Your Customer (KYC): Regulations that make exchanges verify your identity.