Here are the latest gists around sports this morning
- Manchester United have made formal contact with David Alaba’s agent over signing the Bayern Munich star when his contract expires.
- Reports from Italy are claiming that Liverpool have reached an agreement with Lille to sign their Portuguese midfielder Renato Sanches for £18m.
- Arsenal stars face getting their salaries slashed by 25% if they are relegated from the Premier League.
- Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta is having to deal with a split dressing room while attempting to turn around the side’s dire run of form.
- Bayern Munich legend Lothar Matthaus thinks Erling Haaland could already be “ready” to leave Borussia Dortmund after less than a year at the club.
- Chelsea forward Timo Werner: “The Premier League is a little bit different to my old league. It’s tougher than I thought. The contact here is harder than in Germany, it’s what I expected but not like this.”
- Troy Deeney: “I see a lot of people saying ‘United are back in the title race’, but if that’s the case then we have to put Villa in the same breath. They’ve got two games in hand and if they win both, Man Utd being one of them, they would be second.”